Monday, January 26, 2009

Dog

Today I rescued a dog which was stuck up a tree. Yes, up a tree. I'm not entirely sure how he got there, but he was stood on branch quivering and whimpering. I inched my way along the branch to where he was and took hold of him. But this was all very dangerous. If I lost balance, me and the dog would fall.

Luckily I have a cold and I was wearing a scarf which someone had bought me for my birthday. So I tied one end around the dog and the other end around my neck.

At that point, a monk walked past, laughed at me and then walked away. Similarly, an old Tibetan man walked past, laughed at me and then walked away. Finally a Tibetan boy walked past. I told him to help me and I lowered the dog down to him.

On the ground, I told the dog he was now free and he should run away. He didn't. He just stood there quivering, presumably having a panic attack.

5 comments:

  1. a man found a fish dying by the side of the road. He threw the fish into the pond behind his house.
    The fish ate all the other fish in the pond.
    Many tibetans know this story.
    In case you're wondering why they were laughing
    Gaza

    ReplyDelete
  2. Monks laughing at the misfortune of another sentient being...hmm, kinda makes me want to rethink my 'Free Tibet' position. :-)

    You did the right thing brother.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Maybe the monk was clairvoyant and compassionately allowed me to receive all the good karma myself, instead of helping me and thereby stealing half of it. Eh? EH?

    ReplyDelete
  4. Maybe the monk was a monkey terrorist in disguise who put the dog in the tree in the first place?

    ReplyDelete
  5. The dog could have been quivering because the scarf was a 'Dolce & Garbana'??

    ReplyDelete