Saturday, November 15, 2008

Dinner

I texted my Mum to ask her how things are going with Guy, as I heard he'd had his big operation. A minute later, the phone rang and I could see it was my Mum. Oh no, I thought, she's phoning me because it's serious. "Hello Adam", she said, "I'm just passing the phone to Guy".

"Hello."
"Hello Guy... wow... er... how's it going?"
"I'm just having some dinner. And I had my head cut open."

Then my Mum said the time was up because she's just about to run out of credit. When I called back, Guy was asleep again. My Mum told me that he'd had a big operation to remove the mass from his skull. The surgeons said they were amazed at how much stuff they'd removed, and they'd also blocked up the hole to his sinus, so that the problem won't happen again. He's got a big scar across the top of his head and down behind his ear, but HE'S ALIVE! And having a spot of dinner.

So thanks everyone for your support and good wishes and positive vibes, they might just have saved him! And thanks also to the doctors. Although this was terrible news from the start, I think an incredibly fortunate series of events has taken place.

4 comments:

  1. Hey Adam, great to hear that your bro is doing well!

    I hope that he continues to improve and that he suffers no pain in the healing process.

    Best wishes,
    Dave

    ReplyDelete
  2. what happened to december's blogs??

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Katerina. There were no posts in December. Why? Because I'm BONE IDLE! xx

    ReplyDelete