Monday, November 10, 2008

Guy

Today my Mum phoned me, in tears, to tell me that my brother Guy has been rushed to hospital. An initial scan shows that he has a growth in his brain which is either a benign polyp or a tumour. Either way, he'll require major surgery.

So this is a big shock for me and my whole family. In the afternoon, I went to the temple of HH Dalai Lama and made an offering in his private office. I understand that HH Dalai Lama will personally pray for my brother's health! I also prayed in front of statues of Guru Rinpoche, Chenrezig, Green Tara and Palden Lhamo. I was told that the statues in this particular temple are especially powerful. When I got home, I emailed two Buddhist masters who I have a connection with. I guess I'm kind of 'cashing in' on my previous good karma.

I also eventually managed to get hold of my Hare Krishna brother in Venezuala. He will orchestrate his own set of prayers for Guy related to Dhanvantari, the god of Ayurvedic medicine.

So in light of this, I might not be writing any 'funny posts' for a bit. Bear with me on this.

2 comments:

  1. Hi Adam,

    I hope your brother recovers rapidly and that he is not in any pain.

    Best wishes to you and your family in this trying time.

    Peace, Love and Respect,
    Dave

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Adam,

    This is Guy. Thanks for all your prayers and support, and to everyone for supporting me and reading this blog during the operation to remove my brain ... wait, thats the part thet left in.

    My greatest appreciation and prayers go to my mother who found me after I collapsed and came to the hospital every day to see me and all who visited me and prayed for me.

    I'm feeling much better and am up and about, soon Ill be out of the house, catching buses etc. I'm sure. Until then Ive decided to change my name to 'Lurch' as I feel its more fitting :)

    With love and thanks,

    Guy :j

    ReplyDelete