Wednesday, October 22, 2008

Kurta

It's the run-up to Diwali this week, which is like Christmas for Indians. For a bit of fun, the staff in the office will wear traditional Gujarati clothes today.

Last night I went clothes shopping to I could be part of the fun. Imagine being in the changing rooms at your local swimming baths. Except it's the size of bathroom. And it's packed full of men, women and children. And they're all screaming. Yes, this is what the clothes shop was like. But they sorted me out.

I also went across the road to buy decorations because yesterday was decorate-your-cubicle day, which we forgot. The decorations shop also sold "toys" and "ornaments", all, of which, were entirely devoid of quality and taste. I was hoping I could indulge my kitsch fetish in this shop, but sadly I didn't find anything which was actually criminal.

You can see the outcome in this amusing video I made for my boss...

3 comments:

  1. Very interesting video mate! It looks like you're really fitting in and it looks like an interesting place to work.

    So, why did you you leave lovely England? Were you making too much money?

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's because on Tuesday 9-Dec-2008, the 371 bus was just over 4 minutes late. Which is quite frankly unacceptable.

    ReplyDelete
  3. you are quite the regular, confident ham Adam...liking what I'm seeing. Keep keeping on.

    ReplyDelete