Tuesday, October 7, 2008

Office

On Monday morning, I was taken from my air-conditioned hotel room, in an air-conditioned car to the air-conditioned office. As a "client", I was greeted with a bunch of flowers, and directed to my own private "cabin".

My new co-workers are all extremely polite. They might have been a bit nervous. But apart from that the office is basically like being a corporate office back in the UK. The Indian guys are bright, enthusiastic and ask all the right questions. But they speak a very odd kind of English.

The only other westerner I've spotted is another "client" called Pete shown in the photo. Weirdly enough, he's also from West Yorkshire and he's also a Tibetan Buddhist. Sadly, he develops using imperial Microsoft technologies, whereas I develop using technologies supplied by the Sun-Oracle rebel alliance. Nevertheless, he understands me when I speak.

No comments:

Post a Comment