Sunday, October 19, 2008

Shivaya

On Sunday morning, Jana took me to his local Shivite group. The host couple had invited local followers to their apartment to chant bhajans as guided by their spiritual master Avdhoot Baba Shivanand. I wasn't convinced. They chanted:

I am not this body
I am the soul
I am Shiva
Namo Shivaya


Well, as a Tibetan Buddhist I have to pick them up on a couple of points. The chant should go:

I am not this body
Nor am I the soul
Self is unfindable
This is the nature of reality


Anyway, the morning wasn't completely wasted. The young man sat in front of me was wearing this T-Shirt. If you look closely, you will see that it reads:

4 ways to win friend
Feel guilty like a guy
The news stand?
Girl


I thought I had a random sense of humor, but this is just legendary.

No comments:

Post a Comment